By use of desktop studies, site investigation, spatial and dimensional analysis we will discuss, develop and determine your ‘Brief’;
- Identify your needs and objectives, business case and possible constraints on development.
- Site analysis – coordinating both architectural and of services including ground investigation.
- Listen carefully to the requirements of our clients and tailor our architectural services to suit your project and budget, solutions are not imposed.
- A personal and sympathetic approach is taken in the analysis of each client brief, their needs and aspirations.
We will review your requirements and build into a well defined ‘Brief’ which may be used as a benchmark document for detailed feasibility studies or a business case to get your project off the ground, or it may be retained as a live document for imminent works or future works.
Are you struggling with the facilities you have searching for extra space or trying to make your home fit your family and life; define your needs, re-organise, rebuild and move on; How can I fit this into the space I have?
Your feasibility studies may include; preparation of space requirements, spatial studies of existing properties, preparation of initial statements of requirements and assessment of options into the design brief, confirming the key requirements and constraints all to enable the you to feed into your business plan to decide whether to proceed.
ocb undertake various roles on your behalf;
- Project Lead including in-house team management,
- Design Lead including team leadership,
- Design brief analysis – qualitative and quantitive,
- Commercial feasibility studies,
Creative Design Development and Implementation
David Smith has worked across all RIBA work stages from inception; briefing, sketch and detail design & coordination through to site works and completion, leading design projects and multi-discipline teams in the development of new building concepts and building refurbishment and has liaised with clients and end users both individual and corporate.
Architectural design services,
- Feasibility Studies,
- Architectural Sketch or Outline Design proposals,
- Detail Building design development,
- Design scheme development and costing,
ocb focus on creative design as;
- Focus on the values and culture
- Architecture as primarily concerned with establishing a “sense of place,
- A commitment to producing buildings of enduring architectural value.
The Planning Application Process
The planning process is often time consuming and appears to be long winded and needlessly complex. The process needs to methodical and organised, let ocb handle the process on your behalf.
- The Planning Application Process.
- Planning applications and liaison.
- Coordination of supporting specialisms and documentation.
Detailed Plan Services
The Service ocb offer post planning can be tailored to suit your individual needs, formal processes for building procurement often overlap with technical demands at different stages depending upon the specific building use, typically we can provide services for;
- Building Control Submissions,
- Working drawing preparation,
- Tender package preparation,
- Services and structural coordination,
- Acoustic and performance criteria,
- Contractor / subcontractor liaison,
- Client and end user coordination,
- Team coordination,
- Specification writing,
- Contract Administration
Scurator Limited, Structural Engineers.
Sarah Lakin Landscape Architect.